Eclipse IDE requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before running the Eclipse installation. Because we are going to develop program using the Java language and framework, we will install the Java Development Kit (JDK). The JDK includes the JRE.
Here are the required installation instructions for installing the JDK:
- Go to the download page and click on the Java Download button.
- Accept the license agreement and click on the link that is compatible for you OS (We will download the windows-x64 package).
- If prompted (in case you’re using Firefox) – click on “Save File”:
- When the download is finished – click on the download arrow, and then click on the downloaded file in order to run it:
- In the installer welcome step – click next:
- In the options step – just click next again:
- Wait for the installer progress:
- In the next step, again, click next:
- Wait while the setup is in progress:
- When the setup is completed – click on close:
After finishing the JDK installation, you can go back to the Eclipse IDE installation instructions and install the Eclipse IDE.